Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning App Development ?

AzmirAhmmhed
Line Chef
Line Chef

Lightning App Development ?

Hi All

This has probably been covered somewhere, though i can find it. We share our Salesforce instance with other parts of the organisation, so we need our own lightning pages for things like accounts and cases, but i'm having issues in assigning these pages to our users.

Lightning insists that lightning pages are assigned to a lightning app, even if you want to assign it to profiles, and as we know Smx in not a lightning app.

Is the solution to create a new a lightning app, and then assign all of the Smx pages to it, but if we do that, how would it Smx upgrades etc?

Is there any guidance on setting up in lightning, outside how to turn it on and lightning components etc.

Thanks

0 Likes
PatrickShay
Line Chef
Line Chef

User Reply Lightning App Development ? PatrickShay

1. From the Home tab in Setup, enter App in the Quick Find box, then select App Manager.
  2. Click New Lightning App.
  3. Walk through the Lightning App Wizard, creating an app with these parameters. App Name. 
  4. Click Save and Finish to exit the wizard.
  5. From the App Launcher 
  6. Check out the new app!
hans_vanmil
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

User Reply Lightning App Development ? hans_vanmil

Agree with the solution mentioned by @PatrickShay 

I have done the same for our company. Created a new App called "Service Lightning" and user can switch to one or the other.Can have your own Record Pages etc.

Success

Kind Regards,  

Hans van Mil
Senior CRM Solution Consultant ServiceMax | Group IT

Email: hans.vanmil@dormakaba.com

0 Likes