Did you mean: 

Multi-Techicians

adriano_vega
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Multi-Techicians

Hi,

How do you handle multi-techs?

We are trying to apply a process flow on our iPads, for techs to enter travel and labour time. We are trying to be slick in that when a tech enters his start travel we guide him through a wizard flow and every stage enables the next stage and greys out the previous Action button. Once he arrives on site the wizard for actioning the Work Order management will appear and the travelling wizard disappears.

Now for a single tech this works fine, however when we get to multi tech scenario it fails. Both our techs must enter their travel and labour time.

However if Tech A enters his Travel time via an Action button it will grey the button and enable his arrive on site button.

But Tech B must also enter his Travel time, but he can’t as Tech A already entered a time, so when Tech B iPad syncs it will pick up the changes made by Tech A and disables Tech B Travel time button. 

We can have more than two techs attending a Work Order.

We currently have a process that works for multi-tech which is captured in Work Detail, but is very labour-some due to the limitations of the work order, but as I said above, we are trying to put flow and be smart.

Has anyone overcome this and how?

Thanks

richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Multi-Techicians

Hi Adriano is there a set number of techs you are looking to build this for. For example can you have anywhere between 1 and 3 techs but never more than 3. Or does it need to be flexible to any number of techs?

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

I discussed this with Tye Barnes​ and he said that using one work order per engineer could be an option here. If it can be determined from product in some scenarios you could hold a number of techs required on the product and cascade down to installed product and then to case if necessary. You could then use that to do some auto creation of work order if required. Also you could look at creating a SFM to clone a work order if you needed more than one tech.

Regards, Richard.

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
adriano_vega
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your response, there are time where more than 3 techs would be assigned to a work order.

It's an interesting concept about the install product root, I'll have a dig

Thanks again

Regards

Adriano

beth_koehl
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi, our scenario might be a bit different, but we built some custom code where our Techs need to select their name when Logging Time to a work order.  This is used when there are 2 techs punching in to the same WO.