cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q&A Follow Up: Maps

Product Team
Product Team

Q&A Follow Up: Maps

Hi All - Below are the answers to the questions regarding Maps that were unanswered (or worth reiterating) from Tuesday's webinar.

• Map support for different geo e.g. Baidu for China?
    • Yes, map tiles will be configurable.  For Beta1, we have Google Maps and Open Street Maps as the two choices.  Our plan is to add Baidu or Gaode for China. 
  • When I hover a WO on the left sidebar - is it somehow highlighted on the map - so that I know which WO I just selected?
    • Not for Beta1 but that is definitely the plan. 
  • How often does the map refresh?  Is it only by when the last device sync happens, or can it be in more realtime from say an iPad's geo data?
    • For Technician updates, we are not planning on using Sync.  For Beta2, we are working on a near real time service which kicks in when you click on "update location". 
  • If the resource are not assigned then where does it show on the map or they are not shown at all
    • They will show via the default address. 
  • Can we filter on a specific radius like show technicians within 25 miles radius
    • Not yet.  We will have nearby recommended resources though where you can set a range. 
  • Is there just going to be one jobs layer? so no filtering layer wise for different WO types?
    • Fabian Schäfer - Not sure I understand your question in full.  You can utilize the filters to filter out a particular WO type.  We will be making the filters controls for maps easier in the future though. 
  • Any chance there is a config setting for only tracking technician location during specific hours?
    • Good idea - we will dig into that. 
  • Will the new maps include any new functionality such as geofencing or movement/speed tracking?
    • Not for Beta1 or Beta2 but we are definitely looking at that.  I'd like to get more details on how you may use that functionality. 
  • Will IoT data be available on the map?
    • I'd like to understand this use case a bit more.  Please provide additional details. 

Nicole GuzzoDeirdre YeeFabian SchäferCasey Palmerpriyam yogeshSarvottam Shenvi

Message 1 of 2
1 Reply
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: Q&A Follow Up: Maps

Hi  Mayhul Jain

Do you have more recent details regarding the following or is the information still the most current? If current, what is the planned Beta1 delivery date and beyond on the road map? Any other details you can provide on this topic that I've not thought to ask?

Map support for different geo e.g. Baidu for China?

• Yes, map tiles will be configurable.  For Beta1, we have Google Maps and Open Street Maps as the two choices.  Our plan is to add Baidu or Gaode for China.

Thank you,

Sonia

Message 2 of 2
0 Likes