cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Board - Dispatcher name is not available on work order history in Salesforce

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Service Board - Dispatcher name is not available on work order history in Salesforce

A dispatcher can do several activities for a WO  such as dispatching or selecting the primary resource in Service Board.

These changes are visible on work order history, however we do not see the dispatcher as an user, but  "Admin FSM" as user. Consequently, it is no possible to recognizeWork order history dispatcher.jpg

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

User Reply

Hi Diego, I've been asking around about this point following our meeting in Linnich before the holidays. There is a solution to this which Mourad believes was shared with IT at SIG, though he does not know if if was tested and migrated to production. 

The solution is as follows - if you need clarification let me know and we can set up a short conversation with one of the experts.

Create a text field on the Job Object on SB applied the following custom code to the field.  You should also create a text field on SVMX to receive the data.

if(!io_updated_by) {

return ''

}

primaryName = io_updated_by.io_full_name

completeName = "$primaryName"

Add the field to the Http Notification Request and to the Transform templates (Job to WO Update) which allows the last mod in SB to flow to SFDC.  

This works for use cases where you need to know who dispatched and such.  For this  use what was sent and when the Order Status or Lifecycle Status was “Dispatched” and use a Workflow rule to take what is in our “SB Last Mod” field and stamp it into the “Dispatched By” Text field.  

NOTE:  the solution is not sending a user lookup, it is a text string with the name of the user from SB side.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

User Reply

Hi Neil,

thank you for your answer. 

I do not remember any shared solution about this topic. I would appreciate if we can have a conference with one expert to implement the solution.

0 Likes