Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Signature capture - Tracking

Jump to solution

Does anyone have a solution for tracking if a technician has gained a signature on site? We are investigating tracking file size on service order pdf outputs but we are not sure how reliable this is going to be.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Signature capture - Tracking

Jump to solution

Hi Tye,

We have made the signature mandatory in order to close the work order. This would ensure that it is captured everytime.

Another option would be to have two output documents, one for capturing the signature and one for the other information. You could then report on the number of attachments on a work order. Providing you aren't adding attachments for other reasons.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~

View solution in original post

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Tye,

We have made the signature mandatory in order to close the work order. This would ensure that it is captured everytime.

Another option would be to have two output documents, one for capturing the signature and one for the other information. You could then report on the number of attachments on a work order. Providing you aren't adding attachments for other reasons.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~

View solution in original post

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, can I ask how you set the signature to mandatory as that would seem to be exactly what we would require?

0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Don't worry we found the mandatory setting, I should use search more often on here!

thanks for your help

Tye

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Glad to be able to help!

Regards, Richard

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

Richard,

Some little question, remark.

You mean with the count you have to create a summarize field in the Work Order which counts the records in the related list of the Notes & Attachments?

So, as you mentioned if you have no other attachments to the workorder like pictures, other pdf files this only works.
Thanks

Kind Regards,  

Hans van Mil
Senior CRM Solution Consultant ServiceMax | Group IT

Email: hans.vanmil@dormakaba.com

0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Hans

You can try reporting on attachments associated to a work order or work orders with attachments. Once you have a report cluster by work order. You can then use PREVGROUPVAL in a reporting formula field with conditional colouring on the fields to highlight the groups (work orders) that only have one work order. When I did it before I was checking that the count of the previous group was the same as the current group so it highlights groups that have a different number of records. 

NB: I haven't prototyped this so there may be some challenges with this approach. 

0 Likes