cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technician Scheduling & Route Optimization

Employee
Employee

Technician Scheduling & Route Optimization

We just went live with SM.  At any given time we have 30+, 2-man teams travelling across the US serving hundreds of active work orders, we are looking for best practices and tools to optimally assign work orders to techs.  The work orders also have various time window service level agreements.  Looking for advice, best practices and additional tools to augment dispatch console.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Technician Scheduling & Route Optimization

I'll reference you to Aaron Henley‌ who can discuss ServiceMax solutions with you.

I can address the question from a Technology Alliance perspective, where we are working with partner companies to augment the ServiceMax solution. We may have a partner who would have a suitable solution you but I'd like to understand a little more of your use case. If you can respond to these questions here then great, but you can message me directly if you're not comfortable sharing publicly:

• You mentioned booking windows, does this imply all the jobs are similar?
  • Do technicians require different skills for different jobs?
  • Are the routes single day with technician returning home at the end of the day or multi-day trips?

I'll validate your answers with them, and if there is a connect and you wish I'll make an introduction.

Employee
Employee

Thanks Jonathan...please go ahead and make an introduction.  This is a major requirement for us, and I want to get something in place.

Appreciate your help!

Gord

Thank you, I've made the introduction via Email. Please let me know how the discussions go. Soon our partner network will be available via the community too, stay tuned.

Employee
Employee

Gord,

What partner were you working with to resolve this issue?  Were they able to meet the requirements?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Stephen,

Our primary services partner is ForeFront.  They did a great job on our initial implementation and are interested in supporting any additional implementation work this initiative may result in.  Additionally, Jonathan has been very helpful in identifying potential 3rd party software partners who have some potential capabilities to address our needs.  Is that the nature of your question?

thanks

Gord

Employee
Employee

Gord,

Thank you.  Yes this is the nature of what I was asking.  What tool met the requirements?  Was it OptiMax, ServicePower, or some other solution? 

Stephen

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

We looked several 3rd party options and selected MapAnything from Cloudbilt.  We are also planning on collaborating with them to extend MapAnthing's capabilities in the area of live crew tracking and route optimization.