Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Using HTML5 in Service Console

Jump to solution

Any idea when we will be able to use HTML5 in the Service Console?   This is the only thing keeping us from moving to HTML5.  We have created custom buttons that use the Flex format and that works in the console, but obviously not on an iPad.  When I create a custom button using HTML5 it works fine on the regular Salesforce pages, but not in the Service Console.

For example:

Flex URL Custom button

https://svmxc.cs8.visual.force.com/apex/SFM_TDM_Delivery?SVMX_recordId={!Case.Id}&SVMX_retURL=%2F{!C...

When I change it to look at HTML5, it just sticks at "Starting Module Load" with a broken link image

URL for my Custom button

https://svmxc.cs8.visual.force.com/apex/ServiceMaxConsole?SVMX_recordId={!Case.Id}&SVMX_retURL=%2F{!...

Ideas? Updates?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Using HTML5 in Service Console

Jump to solution

Travis, SFM Delivery works with 18 digit record ids. We updated it to work with Service Cloud console in "Winter 14" release (Version number - 13.10000.10). Can you verify that you are on this or a later release?

You can use this url to invoke SFM Delivery from a button -  /apex/SVMXC__ServiceMaxConsole?SVMX_recordId={!CASESAFEID(Case.Id)}&SVMX_retURL=/{!CASESAFEID(Case.Id)}&SVMX_processId=My_process_id.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Just to add it seems to only happen when I create a custom button.  When you click on an SFM Wizard button within the console it works.  Maybe I need to add something else to my URL?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Travis, SFM Delivery works with 18 digit record ids. We updated it to work with Service Cloud console in "Winter 14" release (Version number - 13.10000.10). Can you verify that you are on this or a later release?

You can use this url to invoke SFM Delivery from a button -  /apex/SVMXC__ServiceMaxConsole?SVMX_recordId={!CASESAFEID(Case.Id)}&SVMX_retURL=/{!CASESAFEID(Case.Id)}&SVMX_processId=My_process_id.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks, this is working in our Sandbox which we have upgraded to Winter '15.  Still doesn't work on the iPad in Safari   Just hangs on "Processing pagelayout and settings"

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Travis - I had the same issue in Safari where it just hangs on "Processing pagelayout and settings".  I submitted a case with Smax support and they said that only the iPad App is support and its only suppoted in the desktop browser (ie. not via a tablet browser or mobile browsers) was the answer I received.  Let me know what you hear back.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

indresh.msrajesh.rao‌ can you guys comment on this?

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks, I'll give that a try and see what happens..  We are still on Spring '13 release.  (A lot of other projects seem to get in the way of an upgrade. )

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Hmmm...it didn't work in our current release.  I'll try it again once we upgrade a Sandbox.   Thanks.