Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View/Read Only for Dispatch Console

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

View/Read Only for Dispatch Console

Jump to solution

We are currently on ServiceMax version 11.21000.4 and the users are asking if there is a way to have a view/read only version of the dispatch console.  I can't seem to find any reference to a way to do this.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 10
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: View/Read Only for Dispatch Console

Jump to solution

Travis - for your use case you may want to use an even simpler solution.   You could add a formula field to the WO (see screen shot #1) which evaluates to "1" if the Technician is the owner of that WO and the role or profile is also a "Technician" role or profile since you don't want to block Service Managers, Dispatchers from moving WO's so you will need to modify my formula to also check the role or profile that I have below.  Then add a validation rule (screen shot #2) and if your in the Dispatch Console and you try to move a WO in the Gantt chart that your not the owner then you will get the error in screen shot #3.  I never actually implemented the first solution about modifying profile permissions myself but I was told it would work, I will see if I can get more details about the other solution if you still want to pursue it but I recommend you try this one in your sandbox and see if it will meet your needs.

#1:

#2:

#3:

dispatch console‌ validationrule‌ formula‌

Message 4 of 10
9 Replies
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

You have to set up profile permissions.  You can use the dispatch console and put profile permissions around it, so the read-only profile users will get error messages if they try to dispatch. Alternatively, you can use the group view SFDC calendar if the READ-ONLY users just want view tech's calendars.  I know the answer your looking for would be to have a ServiceMax group profile setting that would do this for you but I don't think there is one at this time.  dispatchconsole‌ readonlyusers

Message 2 of 10
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Using profile permissions could work.  Any reference point to which ones I should make read-only and not break any other functionality for our engineers (I.e. rescheduling their own work orders via the iPad calendar)?

We basically want our engineers to have a Gantt chart view of all of the other engineers, but no access to modify the data.

Message 3 of 10
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Travis - for your use case you may want to use an even simpler solution.   You could add a formula field to the WO (see screen shot #1) which evaluates to "1" if the Technician is the owner of that WO and the role or profile is also a "Technician" role or profile since you don't want to block Service Managers, Dispatchers from moving WO's so you will need to modify my formula to also check the role or profile that I have below.  Then add a validation rule (screen shot #2) and if your in the Dispatch Console and you try to move a WO in the Gantt chart that your not the owner then you will get the error in screen shot #3.  I never actually implemented the first solution about modifying profile permissions myself but I was told it would work, I will see if I can get more details about the other solution if you still want to pursue it but I recommend you try this one in your sandbox and see if it will meet your needs.

#1:

#2:

#3:

dispatch console‌ validationrule‌ formula‌

Message 4 of 10
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks Mike, I'm trying this out in our Sandbox.  I just tweaked the validation rule to only look at my FSE's profile allowing others with access to still be able to reschedule / reassign even if they aren't the owner.

Message 5 of 10
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Thank you for this. I have also seen this use case with partner communities. Where you would want your partners to be able to see and plan for their routes but not change or miss work orders.

There is also the ability to change permissions sets for partner profiles so that they can schedule and see outstanding work order queue.

Message 6 of 10
Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Mark Taylor​, you may be interested in this...

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 7 of 10
0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Boniface Lobo 

As discussed this is the post on this. Are you able to help with getting this feature for the dispatch console?

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Message 8 of 10
0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Travis Kolinek, I found this idea that is for a future solution to this issue that you can move to use once its available. The other replies on this thread cover workarounds you can use until then.

There is another thread on a similar question. Worth reviewing if you are looking for work arounds for this until the idea is delivered.

Dispatch Console Access, but View Only?

Regards, Richard

Message 9 of 10
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Travis Kolinek

you may want to attend Design Time: New Dispatch Console

I understand your requested feature will be part of the demo.

Regards, Richard

Message 10 of 10
0 Likes