cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the best way to train individuals in using the Dispatch Console in Service Max?

pleonard
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

what is the best way to train individuals in using the Dispatch Console in Service Max?

I am looking at the best ways to train individuals in using the Dispatch Console. Also looking at how I can learn this tool to teach and share with others. What web 2.0 tools will be useful in demonstrating how to to use this feature?

I am prepping for the training now to teach next month.

Feel free to share your responses with me.

Sincerely,

Patricia Leonard

lana_foladare
Retired
Retired

Re: what is the best way to train individuals in using the Dispatch Console in Service Max?

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for reaching out regarding how to train others in the Dispatch Console.

I recommend first  reviewing our Using the Dispatch Console video.

The video content can serve as a guide on how we at ServiceMax train others on the product.

While you are in the Education Video content section of our community, you'll want to peruse other videos such as Dispatch Configuration.

Secondly, after reviewing the video, define your audience and their needs.

Do your team members need you to start with a demo? If so, you can prepare a quick demo outline.

If they are already working in the Dispatch Console, you could ask them in advance for their specific questions.

Create a simple powerpoint of an outline based on your team's needs.

While training, be sure to incorporate time for hands on exercises.

Here is an example agenda:

• Dispatch Console Defined
  • Launching the Dispatch Console
  • Dispatch Console Page Layout
  • Dispatch Management
  • Calendar Events

This should be enough to get you started.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Lana Foladare

pleonard
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: what is the best way to train individuals in using the Dispatch Console in Service Max?

Lana,

Thanks for responding.

By chance can you share the diagram  that you have in the video? On the slide What the scheduler can do?

0 Likes
pleonard
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Lana,

In viewing part one of the Dispatch console the trainer mentions the packet has all this information for review. Is there a hard copy of the these slides I can use as reference? Where are they located?

0 Likes
lana_foladare
Retired
Retired

Hi Patricia,

Apologies but that information is not available.

Your best bet is to create the materials from the recording.

I will make a note to re-record the video.

Thank you.
Lana

0 Likes
aruna_s
Employee
Employee

Hi Patricia,

The Online Help for Dispatch Console is up-to-date and can be used as a reference material to prepare for your training. You can probably break it up as below:

- Configuration required; both Salesforce and ServiceMax such as configuration settings, DC Views, Event Hover Rules and Event Subject Rules

- Master data setup such as Technicians, Service Teams and Territories, and so on

- Using Dispatch Console and its primary areas

- Work Order Grid

- Technician Tree

- Gantt (where events are plotted)

- Map

- Status bar

For each of these area, it is important to know what they do, how they relate to each other and what aspects can be personalized at a user-level

You can get started with referring to the Getting Started section in the Online Help,  and then dive deeper into the Deep Dive / How to Use Dispatch Console section.

One more important consideration would be to bear in mind the different kinds of users you would be training. Some of them might be dispatchers (who do the Work Order assignment), some of them might be technicians (who would largely need to see their individual assignments, see their driving route and so on). So, if you can list the various activities that might be done by them on DC and show them how they can do each of them explaining related configurations / user settings alongside, it might be more helpful (and less overwhelming with respect to feature overload and configurability).

The documentation for Dispatch Console is also available as a separate downloadable PDF. You can get it from Dispatch Console User Guide

Hope this helps. (BTW, if you have any feedback on the documentation, you can write to docfeedback@servicemax.com)

Regards,

Aruna

pleonard
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Aruna,

Thank you so much. This is helpful.

Patricia