AnsweredAssumed Answered

IoT gives field service something it’s never had: visibility - ReadWrite

Question asked by Deirdre Yee Employee on Sep 6, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 by John Welisevich

IoT gives field service something it’s never had: visibility - ReadWrite

ReadWrite

Thanks to the advent of widely available data-rich Internet of Things (IoT) sensors, cloud and mobility, the face of field service is completely changing.

Great article by Athani Krishna this weekend in ReadWrite, that talks about how field service is gaining prominence and spotlight with IoT advances that can lead to very real business benefits and a huge difference in revenue. 

I liked this part where Athani points out that field service can tie lofty and futuristic technologies - IoT, Virtual reality, drones, etc - to something much more grounded and easy to sell to CFOs and other executives  - revenue growth.

While the IoT, augmented and virtual reality, drones, wearable technology and mobility change the way organizations operate, it is field service that’s delivering the revenue-generating benefits realized from these technologies to customers.

When you arm technicians with data about customers accessible before they show up for the service call, it boosts efficiency across entire organizations. Our survey data showed the intent to deploy new technology, which points to more investment and energy spent on transforming field service organizations. In fact, 86 percent of surveyed companies see field service as becoming their primary revenue driver over the next two years.

John Welisevich, reading this, I thought about your presentation at Maximize at our user group and the top business goals you identified as the first priority as you implemented IoT technology to enable your team. I'm curious, what's the scenario where your techs benefit the most from being armed with data before they are even on site?  

And for the rest of the community, what would you build with IoT that would drive field service and company-wide success?

Shared with Jive Anywhere

Outcomes