Timothy Schrimpf

How Did you Get your Start in Field Service?

Discussion created by Timothy Schrimpf on Aug 10, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 5, 2017 by Timothy Schrimpf

While we are all here now, I thought it would be interesting to share the roads we took to get where we are today. To be fair I will go first. 

I worked various factories as a laborer until I hit my 30's and decided I wanted more from life. I enrolled in online university for Computer Information Science while working for Johnsonville Sausage and later on Ariens while taking the online classes after shifts to make my way through. 

Fast forward to 35 and I graduated and took my first contract job with Compu-Com doing Point of Sale system integration on a 6 month project. From there I found what was to be a 2 month contract with Pitney Bowes as a Postal rate change technical support call center agent. I was hired on permanently 3 months later and my journey with Pitney Bowes began. 

In the last 5 years I was a chat agent, handled escalated work before finally moving onto our system conversion project team. In February of this year I accepted my position as a Business Analyst and Administrator. Initially my primary focus was on call center but that has since expanded into being a part of our Field Service Business team as well.

Outcomes